[Bioperl-l] Bioperl-0.7 installation on Windows 2000

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:27:00 -0500

At 08:03 PM 3/28/01 -0800, Douda Bensasson wrote:
>but i just thought it might be helpful if i mentioned what i had most
>trouble with:
>I couldn't find a website when i clicked on the link in Jurgen Pletickx's
>instructions:
>http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN- US/Nmake15.exe

I will fix this web typo. Totally my fault. Thanks for pointing it out!

>also it took me a while to realise i had to download the Makefile.PL file
>separately from the http://bio.perl.org/Core/Latest/ website. Should the
>Makefile.PL have automatically downloaded when the other core components
>of bioperl and the manuals did?

Makefile.PL is absolutely part of the standard bioperl distribution - it
should be at the top level as you unpack the downloaded 07 zip or tar file.
I'm not sure why you did not see it immediately and wonder if any other
windows users have had the same problem?

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian    (Home:Work) Blackstone Technology Group
dag@sonsorol.org        : dagdigian@ComputeFarm.com