[Bioperl-l] branch/trunk fixes

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:21:10 -0800

I and probably no-one else particularly like to apply every fix on
both the main trunk and branch. Ideally we can apply it to only
one of both, and some time later merge the fixes into the other
branch using cvs -j.

1) Is there some experience whether this works nicely, or do you
usually run into trouble?
2) Which of branch and main trunk is the 'right' one to fix (on
which one should the merge be made?)?
3) If we go this route, we probably should keep a file somewhere
in the repository that lists the files to be merged, and everyone
who makes changes is supposed to add the module to that list if
he/she wants his/her changes to be merged over.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                              email: hilmarl@yahoo.com
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757