[Bioperl-l] NT install ?

Todd Richmond todd@andrew2.stanford.edu
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:46:11 -0800

On 3/9/01 11:04 AM, "Wiepert, Mathieu" <Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu> wrote:

> So, I have a fairly newbie question...  I can run MakeFile fine from where I
> unpacked bioperl, but make fails.  I have cygwin on my machine, which has
> the only make.exe I could find.  I run that and get an error (running in the
> bioperl directory, it is finding the makefile).
>
> Makefile:1169: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> I am using the last resort method of using the tool, and that works, but
> thought I would ask if there was a way to 'play well with other' better?

I've used Microsoft's nmake successfully with the bioperl installation
process. You can get it from:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-US/Nmake15.exe
Run the self-extracting exe and copy nmake.exe and nmake.err to the
C:\perl\bin directory.

Good luck,  Todd

--
Todd Richmond                    http://cellwall.stanford.edu/todd