[Bioperl-l] a project idea

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:47:09 +0100

I really think the next major step forward for bioperl is to get more
external programs interfaced to it.

Applab/Camballo, once it is works, is an excellent choice. The main
problem with EMBOSS at the moment is that the output from its various
programs is not standardized. I talked to Alan Bleasby (coordinator of
EMBOSS project) the other day and they are right now working on it. We
should know more in few weeks time.

	-Heikki

I talked to