[Bioperl-l] how to determine if SeqFeature is attached to Sequence

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:51:02 -0600

Jason Stajich wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Ewan Birney wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Jason Stajich wrote:
> > > b) seqname doesn't appear to get set when attach_seq is called - should
> > >    it?  This would be a less computational way than testing if
> > >    entire_seq() or seq() is null....
> >
> > seqname can be set with entire_seq being null. I think.
> >
> Right, so that won't solve Mark's problem, but should it be updated when
> we do attach a seq?

actually, I'm not so fussy - if the seqlength of the Sequence object is zero
then you can't create a SeqCanvas object from it anyway, so the problem for me
is moot in that case  ;-)

(from page 1 of the book "The Secret Bugs of SeqCanvas.pm")

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group
National Research Council of Canada