[Bioperl-l] Consed.pm

Chad Matsalla matsallac@EM.AGR.CA
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:38:10 -0400

On Sat, 16 June, Ewan Birney wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Chad Matsalla wrote:
> > Would this be of any use to people? I am just cleaning up the code and
> > it is basically ready for release if anybody is interested. It has
> > been extensively tested in our sequencing pipeline and has proven to
> > be reliable and predictable.

> Sounds great!
> I guess this is not using a Bioperl framework?

No, it isn't. I would really like to invest the time into making it so if
somebody would like to give me a bit of guidance.

> Can you describe the objects in a little more detail - perhaps the
> synopsis style of how to use them so we could get an idea of where they
> fit into the system?

Definitely. I am in the process of writing a document outlining the
rationale in the design of the module and the ways in which it is
currently being used. This document provides a
Requires:
Returns:
Notes:
type of documentation which I am hoping can provide the basis for perldoc
type of documentation.

I have written a fairly thorough test script as well and I was looking for
help with this as well.

Should I post the existing documentation to the list for criticism or can
I send it to somebody privately? Can I send somebody the module privately
once to see how it rates before I inflict the world with my programming?

Chad Matsalla