[Bioperl-l] Consed.pm

Chad Matsalla matsallac@EM.AGR.CA
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:48:06 -0400

Hello all,

I have created a module I use to categorise and parse acefiles and assorted cling-on files created by phrap, capN (where for me N is 3 or 4), and other programs.

The module contains objects used to:
1) classify contigs based on how many sequences are contained within it
2) return a contig's members, consensus sequence, and consensus quality
3) return a contig's putative name (depending on the names of its members)
4) return the quality of arbitrary sequences in the project

Would this be of any use to people? I am just cleaning up the code and it is basically ready for release if anybody is interested. It has been extensively tested in our sequencing pipeline and has proven to be reliable and predictable.

Chad S. Matsalla
Bioinformatics Programmer/Analyst
Agriculture & Agri-Food Canda