[Bioperl-l] Questions on SEALS from NCBI

LIQING ZHANG lzhang@uci.edu
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:51:29 -0700

Hello,

I downloaded the SEALS package from NCBI and have been trying to get it
work on my red-hat linux mechanine.  But I got some problems. Some
commands such as blast2gi, blast2filename, all commands under splish and
splat do not work, while others like formatdb, blastall work.  When I
typed in blast2gi, for example, it gave the following:

blast2gi   (supposedly, this should give me the man page of this
command)
I got this:
Can't locate builtin.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/home/liqing/SEALS/seals/bin/../
lib/perl/alpha-linux /home/liqing/SEALS/seals/bin/../lib/perl
/home/liqing/SEALS
/seals/lib/perl/alpha-linux /home/liqing/SEALS/seals/lib/perl
/usr/lib/perl5/5.0
0503/alpha-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/alpha-lin
ux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at
/home/liqing/SEALS/seals/bin/blast2gi li
ne 211.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/liqing/SEALS/seals/bin/blast2gi line
211.

I thought that this is due to failure of installation of some perl
modules, but it seems that there are some more besides builtin.pm.

So my first question is: how can I find out which pm required for SEALS
is installed, which is not?
My second question is: I tried to install builtin.pm from cpan, but only
found a builtins, can anyone tell me what is the right module to
install, how and where i install it to?

Many thanks in advance,
Liqing
lzhang@uci.edu