[Bioperl-l] Modules for Lucy and helixturnhelix

Andrew Walsh awalsh@EM.AGR.CA
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:50:36 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I have written modules related to Lucy (a vector/quality trimming program from TIGR) and helixturnhelix (a DNA binding site detection program, part of the EMBOSS package).

For each program I've written a module that creates 'factory' objects for performing analysis (they are based on Peter Schattner's Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::ClustalW).  These modules return references to objects created with another set of modules I wrote.  These returned objects have methods that will return parsed information from the Lucy or helixturnhelix output files.

I was wondering if this is the kind of thing anyone would be interested in, and if so, where should I send it (Script Central?).  I'm writing POD documention in the same format as for the Bioperl modules.  The code has been 'Bioperlized' in the sense that there is inheritance from Bio::Root::RootI and temp files are created with methods from Root::IO.  If there is interest, I can put the POD docs and code on our web server for someone to review.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Walsh
Cereal Research Centre