[Bioperl-l] Installing OS X dependencies

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Sun, 01 Jul 2001 09:06:32 -0700

While we're on the subject of Mac OS X -  I'm a big fan of the ptkdb graphical
debugger for Perl and use it extensively when working on Bioperl stuff on my
Linux machine.  However, ptkdb requires X-Windows and Perl-tk which to my
knowledge have either not yet been ported to Mac OS X or only been ported in a
very limited manner.  So if any of you Mac OS X gurus out there have either
gotten ptkdb,  X-Windows and/or Perl-tk to work on Mac OS X or are interested in
taking on what I believe would be a very worthwhile (whough probably
non-trivial) task, I'd be very happy to hear about it.  Thanks.

Cheers

Peter Schattner