[Bioperl-l] Bioperl on WinNT Update

Shailesh L Mistry Shailesh L Mistry" <shailesh_mistry@jawssystems.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:25:32 -0000

Hi All,

Here is the latest news about testing bioperl on WinNT :-

1) The BPbl2seq.t fails on test 7 because it wants the value to be 2e-053 but it
gets 2e-53.
(not sure if this is worth pursuing).

2) The alarm function has not been fixed and so blast.t, html.t and
SimilarityPair.t fail.
A decision needs to be made about whether to avoid using it or to just put a
switch in to detect for Win32.

3) Index.t still has a file handle bug in it (Bug 865), so it can't be checked
any further.

4) There is an intermittent problem with gdb.t and liveseq.t, both of which are
proving difficult to track down.

I hope this helps.

Shelly.

PS. My email is still stuffed so replies from me may be delayed.