[Bioperl-l] Test.pm does not ship with 5.004 patch level 4

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:39:03 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Well, I did find the test script code more concise after migrating
> to Test.pm. However, we don't use much of its functionality yet,
> only rather basic things. Would it be that hard to roll our own
> Test.pm version that offers just the basic things we're currently
> using, maybe even by porting the original? Would make the switch
> to the system module easy, once we drop 5.004 compatibility (we
> won't keep that eternally, will we?)?

This is an ok route for me as well. I guess it is not too hard.

Is this going to drop between the three of us? Jason are you volunteering
(I am aware jason you have done the lion's share of towards branch coding
so far...)