[Bioperl-l] three letter codes for amino acids?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:38:16 +0000

I just committed the first version(s) of Bio::SeqUtils. Add in it
any method you'd like Bio::PrimarySeqI compliant objects have.
I put it two methods: ->seq3 and ->seq3in.

seq3in, since now we do not have to worry about messing with
interfaces, translates three letter amino acid codes into one letter
code an stores it in the current sequence object. It throws an
exception when seeing a code it does not know, although it probably
should only warn and let -verbosity decide what to do.

As an extra feature, both methods know about selenocystein (Sel, U).

Have fun,

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho          heikki@ebi.ac.uk