[Bioperl-l] Bio::SearchDist, Bio::Ext::Align

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:55:32 -0800

I thought for completeness I install the Bioperl XS modules in
Bio::Ext::*, and downloaded bioperl-ext-0.6.tar.gz, which is
advertised as the latest version.

Installation went fine, but now the t/SearchDist.t tests get
executed. This revealed a couple of bugs in Bio::SearchDist, some
of which are related to the RootI transition. Others consist of
calling functions which are simply not present by that name in the
extension module. I tried to fix them all, but now there is a
complaint about a missing parameter in fit_EVD (expects two, but
gets only 1 hardcoded parameter), which I don't know how to fix.

Does anyone use this module currently (and if so, why does it work
for you?)? Did I grab the wrong version?

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757