[Bioperl-l] my todo list

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:40:20 -0800

Jason Stajich wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Jason Stajich wrote:
>
> > I am looking at the tempfile creation and cleanup, it seems to work in the
> > test case I built in t/Tempfile.t, but I will try and investigate further.
> > So later this afternoon I hope to close the following bugs off:
> >
> > - bug #246 (location parsing not working for certain cases with a
> >   specified seq_id)
> fixed
> > - tempfiles not being cleaned up properly.
>
> Fixed, I had added an empty DESTROY method to Bio::Root::RootI, since

Now I see. The DESTROY in IO.pm wasn't executed because it came
second in multiple inheritance, right? Does this mean that a
DESTROY method is potentially harmful in RootI.pm? Not good, even
though we don't need it yet. So, assuming my guess of the reason
is right, can we add a method _io_cleanup() (or whatever name, but
not a very common one) to IO.pm, and in RootI.pm a DESTROY method
that calls $self->_io_cleanup() if $self->can('_io_cleanup').

Not very clean though. Just an idea. My feeling is that the
requirement of keeping DESTROY out of RootI.pm calls for trouble.

> > - additional bugs for biocorba that Brad C has found.  (these are in
> >   bioperl-corba-server code).
> Not done, low priority, release should be done first. IMHO.

Exactly. (Hoping that the bugs are rather not in the BioPerl code;
otherwise we'll do a quick 0.7.1 :-)

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                              email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757