[Bioperl-l] Re: Can't call method "seek" without a package or object reference

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:04:20 -0800

Todd Richmond wrote:

> On 2/27/01 12:00 PM, "Hilmar Lapp" <hilmarl@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > In my perldoc seek is a 'normal' function that doesn't need a
> > package specified. Is this different in 5.004, or on Macs? Does
> > seek() in general work on Macs?
> >

> I've used seek() in several of my scripts, so this isn't a general problem
> with seek() on Macs.

So the bugger is probably IO::File? Could you meanwhile figure out
what the situation is on Macs in this respect?

As I don't see what could be done in the code except for
completely discarding the use of IO::File (Ewan, was there a
particular reason to use that in LargePrimarySeq instead of a
plain GLOB?), this seems to be unfixable. Any suggestions or
clues?

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                              email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757