[Bioperl-l] Coordinator ---> Core group

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:50:43 +0000 (GMT)

I have the rather dubious honor of being the "coordinator" of
bioperl. Over the last couple of months this has become a pretty stupid
distinction compared to the work Jason and Hilmar have put into the
project. I feel like I am stealing other people's glory.

I tried to persuade Hilmar to take on the role of coordinator but he
refused it - citing demands on his time and also a reluctance to having to
"front" bioperl. We have settled on a BSD-style "CORE group" which will
share the responsibility, glory and blame for Bioperl. I hope you all
approve of this move and also perhaps thank Jason and Hilmar for the work
they have put in - 0.7 is looking like a real step improvement over the
0.6 series.

The core group is

   Hilmar
   Jason
   Chris
   Me

I am sure this will evolve over time; for the moment it seems to work.

The King is dead - Long live the new Kings.

ewan

(PS- Chris it would be nice the change the web pages that list me as the
coordinator and flip them over to this core group type concept).

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.