[Bioperl-l] Re: StateMachine

Aaron J Mackey Aaron J. Mackey" <amackey@virginia.edu
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:53:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Ewan Birney wrote:

> Re: cvs - did you cvs update -d? I can see it fine.

Ahh, right, my apologies!

> Re: Other methods - assumming POE works stably and nicely, then yes, it
> would be better if that is a StateMachine implementation. What is
> POE? What does it do?

It does the thing that Steve's POD says AbstractStateMachine doesn't do:

  AbstractStateMachine provides a generic framework for representing a
  state machine. This is not an event-based framework where you register
  handlers to be called when certain events occur. Instead, it provides a
  set of methods that define the basic logic of an object that has state
  behavior [...]

I.e. POE is an event-based framework.

-Aaron