[Bioperl-l] Re: Installing Bioperl on Windows 98 [AND] Cygwin vs ActiveState Perl Programs

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:16:59 -0500

I believe you can create your own PPM distributions.  There is support there
in the ExtUtils::MakeMaker and subsidiary modules, although I've never tried
it.  Basically there are a bunch of keys that should be added to the
Makefile.PL.

It's worth discussing whether it is worth it to make a PPM for BioPerl 1.00

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org			                  Cold Spring Harbor, NY