[Bioperl-l] Phylip wrappers

Catherine Letondal letondal@pasteur.fr
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:08:45 +0100

"Jason Raymond" wrote:
> Wanting not to reinvent the wheel just yet -- does anyone have on hand
> anything w/ connectivity into any of the Phylip programs?  (Especially
> related to distance matrix/tree building).

Depending on wheter you want a remote or a local connection, this is
exactly what is provided by the modules I have posted recently. See
http://www-alt.pasteur.fr/~letondal/Pise/#pisebioperl
(particularily examples for bootstrap and parallel computation).
The modules also provide a mean to connect programs together (e.g you
can start from a program building a distance matrix, such as dnadist, go on
with a distance program (neighbor), and then call a dendrogram drawing one).