[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Blast update

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:23:03 +0200

"Chervitz, Steve" wrote:

> Before I go checking in large modifications within Bio::Search::*, is there
> anyone else who has been working on these modules lately that has any input
> here? Aaron?

What I remember is that Aaron basically had to cease working on
the Bio::Search:: stuff. Let us know if you want to revitalize
them, because there were already discussions whether we should
prune the whole hierarchy (it is already pruned from releases).

This was also one of the reasons I did not make the
AnalysisResult.pm dependent on one of the Bio::Search interfaces,
and I didn't want to work on them.

As for the general design directions and discussions, Ewan
summarized that already in his response.

	-hilmar