[Bioperl-l] conservative amino acid change?

Nathan Torkington gnat@oreilly.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:37:50 -0600

Aaron J Mackey writes:
> Alternatively, if speed was a concern, I'd be happy to write an Inline::C
> version of it; but again, another module dependency (but a much easier one
> to overcome, and becoming a fairly standard "must have" module as more
> and more stuff gets written in C).

Brian Ingerson (the author of the Inline module) has made it so that
you can ship a module that has inlined code without the end user
needing Inline installed.  So feel free to make Inlined C extensions
part of BioPerl without worrying about module dependency.

Nat