[Bioperl-l] Re: Seq or SeqIO to BSML

Nathan O. Siemers siemersn@bms.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:49:40 -0400

So if we generate an ensembl embl format dump and then load it into
bioperl via seqio, that will be equivalent for our purposes to using
the original ensembl Seq(IO) object?  That's fine with me, but I
thought you had voiced a reservation to doing it this way in
Copenhagen. Perhaps I misunderstood.  The eventual point will be to
create a piece of code that will work with ensembl's native tongue
(SeqIO I assume) and send out a stream of xml/bsml from the ensembl
site.

nathan