[Bioperl-l] removing Seq features

hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:58:11 +0100

Interesting. For Generic features there is I think a flush_sub_SeqFeature()
or something similar, but it turns out to be absent from Seq. I guess this
has something to do with the supposed immutability of Seq objects, right
Ewan? Otherwise it's a bug.

We had a discussion some time ago about seq mutability. Given your context
of users dropping or adding features, you clearly need Seq objects as
mutable objects. I don't know how strongly Seq objects are supposed to be
immutable in BioPerl. Not least as you can change the sequence legally ...

     Hilmar

Mark Wilkinson <mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca>@bioperl.org on 18.10.2000
17:59:14

Sent by:  bioperl-l-admin@bioperl.org