[Bioperl-l] Can't locate "_tag_value" error message in BPlite.t test

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:34:23 +0200

Peter Schattner wrote:

> I am trying to get the module BPlite to run on my system.
>
> When I run the test program BPlite.t from my main CVS directory I get
> the message:
> [peter@pschattner bioperl-live]$ perl -w t/BPlite.t
> 1..24
> ok 1
> ok 2
> ok 3
> Can't locate object method "_tag_value" via package
> "Bio::SeqFeature::Similarity" at Bio/SeqFeature/Similarity.pm line 170,
> <FH> chunk 170.
>
> Yet I do find the method "_tag_value" in package
> "Bio::SeqFeature::Generic",   as well as the statement that
> "Bio::SeqFeature::Similarity" isa "Bio::SeqFeature::Generic".  So I
> don't see what's wrong.
>
> Can someone tell me what I need to do to get past this error message and
> get BPlite working?

Hmm. Which version/system are you running? The BPlite test passes on my
Perl 5.005 / Linux 2.2.12 without any problem. (Instead, the clustalw
test does not, because it appears to reference the non-existent
/home/peter/clustalw1.8/clustalw. I don't know what's the correct name of
the file or directory.)

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
NFI Vienna, IFD/Bioinformatics             phone: +43 1 86634 631
A-1235 Vienna                                fax: +43 1 86634 727