[Bioperl-l] program that search databais

Tsvika tsvikag@helix.nih.gov
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:06:22 -0400

--------------395F82DA91EBADE7CCDDE34F

--------------1F7C3B91016C93A002DECBAE

Hi all,

I am writing a Perl program that search proteins  database, and
find matches according predicted Molecular Wight (MW) versus MW
from results of Mass spectrometry. Also, the program takes short
amino acid sequence (tag) and looks at the N-term or C-term as
you like. The program has MW tolerance (+/-X%), and uses regexp
for the tag input. The program is fully functional, and I used it
on C.elegans wormpep25 successfully.
Now I want to add the P.I., isoelectric point, option. So, like
MW, one can try to find matches according to the P.I. results of
first dimension of 2D gel versus the predicted P.I.
I would appreciate if you could help me with P.I. calculations,
and algorithms. Also, I would like to hear if you think it is a
start for Proteomics applications in bioperl?

Tsvika.

--------------1F7C3B91016C93A002DECBAE

and</tt>
it</tt>

--------------1F7C3B91016C93A002DECBAE--

--------------395F82DA91EBADE7CCDDE34F

begin:vcard
n:Greener;Dr. Tsvika
tel;fax:(301) 402-1519
tel;work:(301) 496-2805
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:NHLBI;LCB
version:2.1
email;internet:tsvikag@helix.nih.gov
adr;quoted-printable:;;3 Center Drive=0D=0ABldg. 3, Rm. B1-22;Bethesda;MD;20892-0301;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;30496
fn:Dr. Tsvika Greener
end:vcard

--------------395F82DA91EBADE7CCDDE34F--