[Bioperl-l] 0.7 release: tasks & assignments

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:33:58 +0000 (GMT)

I am really impressed Hilmar at this page! Wow! I encourage everyone to
click on it

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/html/BioPerl/TaskList.html

I can't see anything you have left out. A couple of things pop into my
head

  - Me, You and Jason should concentrate first on bringing all the modules
up to spec. This is hard, boring, tedious work, but we three seem to be
the only people happy enough to get through it, and also have enough
confidence for example to delete cruft. (volunteers to help!). This is the
unloved aspect of software development for sure.

  - If we are going for a full blown gene object
(Bio::SeqFeature::GeneStructure) with transcripts, can we make some
interfaces definitions for this first (and a discussion of them?). I'd
like Ensembl to (eventually, once ensembl moves over to bioperl 0.7) to
hit the same interface definition for this object as bioperl, again
fostering code reuse...

I'll update the QC part for the modules I have done.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.