[Bioperl-l] Bioxml Parser.

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:13:19 -0800

Bradley Marshall wrote:

> I've just checked in a new bioxml parser for bioperl.
> It's Bio::SeqIO::game.pm .  It's helper classes are:
>
> [...]
> do this without losing anything.  I think this would
> be easiest by extending the generic SeqFeature class,
> but I haven't thought much yet about the best way to
> do this.  Suggestions?  Currently I'm just sticking
> stuff into the tag field.

Could you be more specific about what you think should rather go to
their own methods? Sorry for not looking at the code directly :-)

Second, out of curiosity (please don't flame me for my ignorance):
what's the specific difference to SeqIO::GAMEHandler? I'm not even sure
the latter is actively maintained ...

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757