[Bioperl-l] Towards a 0.7 release

Osborne, Brian Brian.Osborne@osip.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:50:31 -0000

To the group,

I would propose 6) Outline needs for documentation, then begin to assign
writers to specific sections or areas.

I say this because I would be happy to work on documentation, if I only knew
what the intention of the documentation is. For example, I consider good
documentation to be rich in example code, whereas another user might
consider a structured description of the architecture or the formalisms,
POD-like, to be important. Perhaps both are important.

There's been some mention of acquiring/hiring a documentor, because this is
a large task. I cannot handle a large task myself but I could contribute to
the documentation in a specified way, specified both stylistically and by
module.

Thanks again,

Brian O.

Brian Osborne, Information Technology