Bioperl: Bioperl 0.6.1 release

James Gilbert jgrg@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 10 May 2000 14:31:50 +0100 (BST)

Hilmar,

Unfortunately, Keith's improved location line
parsing isn't in the 06 branch.  I think this will
have to wait for the next branch.  We also need to
propagate these changes into the EMBL/Genbank
_print_FTHelper routines so that the same location
lines which are parsed get printed out!

	James

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com wrote:
> >      I have some fixes to FTHelper.pm waiting to be committed (main trunk), but
> >      Keith's review of the snippet I've sent him is still pending. If his
> >      previous code was correct, then my fix requires a small change.
> >
> >      Without these fixes, GenBank, EMBL and SwissProt in their current releases
> >      will fail to be parsed. With the fixes propagated (after commitment) to the
> >      branch, some features will still fail, but result in warnings and lost
> >      features.
> >

> Meanwhile Keith has responded, and he thinks my fix is correct. I will not be
> able to do any stuff with the bioperl dist before tonight. Let me know whether
> I shall propagate the fixes to the branch, or whether you want to do this
> yourself.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Hilmar

> Hilmar Lapp                                      email: hlapp@gmx.net
> NFI Vienna, IFD/Bioinformatics                   phone: +43 1 86634 631
> A-1235 Vienna                                      fax: +43 1 86634 727
> ROI: Bioinformatics (arrays, expression, seqs), Programming, Databases,
>      Mountain Biking (hard tail, hard fork: feel the trail)

James G.R. Gilbert
The Sanger Centre
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge                        Tel: 01223 494906
CB10 1SA                         Fax: 01223 494919