Bioperl: Final pre release

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:05:32 -0500

I'm a bit afraid to ask this, but here goes.  Does this current prerelease
version interoperate with the current NCBI blast server?  Some previous
versions were incompatible after NCBI changed its Web submission format.

Have the bioperl developers consider using the blastcl3 client software as an
interface to NCBI blast?  This should be a much more stable interface.  If it
makes sense to do so, then I will take a look at it.  I will probably do this
sooner rather than later if the current blast bioperl software is broken ;-)

- Jonathan