[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::BPlite

Lorenz Pollak lorenz@ist.org
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:43:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi to everyone!

I have just commited the first running version
of the ported BPlite module...

It is lacking of documentation and testing scripts
but I will add this stuff in the next days.

It consists of three files:
Bio/Tools/BPlite.pm
Bio/Tools/BPlite/Sbjct.pm
Bio/Tools/BPlite/HSP.pm

The main thing about it is that the HSP class is
inherited from Bio::SeqFeature::FeaturePair.
But I am not really sure, if this is of use
for anyone, because the only advantage would be,
that you could use SeqFeatureI and RangeI methods
on "start" and "end" of the two aligned sequences.

The rest of information (sequences,scores) is
only available via the HSP object...

Any other suggestions for changes or additions
are always welcome!

kind regards,
Lorenz

PS: I tested it against t/blast.report and it
first failed, because it didn't expect a line
starting with "CPU time: ..." at the end of
the alignments. So I added this and then it
worked.