Bioperl: delete file after parsing?

Joey Morris rjmorris@unity.ncsu.edu
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:25:35 -0500

I've just started using Bioperl, and I have a question. In the documentation
for the 'run' method in Blast.pm, it states:

"As for what to do with the Blast result file, that decision is
left for the user who can direct the Blast object to delete, compress,
or leave it alone."

I cannot figure out how to go about directing the Blast object to delete or
compress the Blast result file. Is this implemented? If so, how do I do it?
I'm only interested in deleting the file, not compressing it. If this is not
yet implemented, does anyone have any suggestions about how I can implement
it myself?

Thanks,
Joey
Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/