Bioperl: Question: reading in blast results from scalar?

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com (Steve A. Chervitz)
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:33:28 -0800 (PST)

Note that the documentation to the parse method of the Blast.pm module
states that the -FILE option should point to a file containing the raw
Blast output, and if not supplied, STDIN is used.

This isn't the whole story (yes, the docs need to be updated).
The -FILE parameter can also contain a FileHandle object or a
typeglob reference.

Given this, Aaron's suggestion seems like a good one, though I also
have not tested it.

Steve
--
Steve Chervitz