[Bioperl-l] Bio::Seq::GenEMBLI proposal

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 02:18:20 -0800

Ewan Birney wrote:

> I am going to suggst we vote on either:
>
>    each_<type>
>
> eg,  each_keyword or each_Seq
>
> or
>
>    get_<type>s
>
> eg, get_keywords or get_Seqs
>
> (notice plural)
>
> for methods returning an array of things.
>
> After the vote, we will say that new modules should conform to this
> convention, but Hilmar to decide if this is a 0.7 branch criteria
> retrofitting (I would vote that it is *not* a 0.7 branch criteria)
>
> My vote is for....
>
>    get_<type>s
>
> Your vote counts ;)

We're voting without standardizing the ballots first? How do we recount
votes in bounced mails? And after all, how do I punch the email?

Jokes aside, I vote for get_<type>s and it not being an 0.7 criteria.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757