[Bioperl-l] printing UnivAlgn

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:26:32 -0800

Hi Murad

First let me ditto Ewan’s comments – I think it’s great that you’re
jumping in to the SimpleAlign – UnivAln "jungle".  Combining these two
modules into a single alignment object would be very desirable – and
probably not that difficult.  It simply hasn’t been where my interests
have been lately – so I am glad to see someone else taking up the challenge.

I do agree with Ewan that it probably would be better to add UnivAln
functionality to SimpleAlign than the other way around.  My only other
suggestion is that if you are planning major change(s) to SimpleAlign.pm
and/or AlignIO.pm, you first post a summary of what you plan to change
to the Bioperl list, so you can get feedback on the possible
implications of such changes before you get too deeply involved in coding.

Welcome aboard.

--- Peter