[Bioperl-l] coming soon: Bundle::BioPerl

Chris Dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:36:56 -0500 (EST)

I have been playing happily with the CPAN.pm module and it's features that
allow automated installation of modules from the CPAN archives. This
includes experiencing firsthand how it attempts to arbitrarily upgrade me
to perl 5.06 so I see why some people stay away. heh.

Regardless someone here made the great suggestion to create a
Bundle::BioPerl module that lists all of our CPAN-specific requrements.
This would allow end users to install (most) of our external modules in
one shot:

	$ perl -MCPAN -e shell
	cpan> install Bundle::Bioperl
	cpan> quit

I hereby volunteer to create this module and have obtained a PAUSE login
that will allow me to upload it to CPAN.

Once it is ready for testing I'll post a URL. Assuming it survives the
testing process I'll upload it to the master repository shortly
afterwards.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian         (Home:Work) Blackstone Technology Group
dag@sonsorol.org             :      dagdigian@ComputeFarm.com