[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::DB::WebSeqDB and Bio::DB::GenBank

Geer, Lewis (NCBI) lewisg@mail.nih.gov
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:56:16 -0500

The sequence XML DTD is derived algorithmically from the ASN.1
specification, so barring bugs, the XML DTD should be as stable as the ASN.1
specification.  However, brand-new XML DTDs, like the simplified BLAST
output in standalone BLAST, are not based on a existing ASN.1 specification
and can change at a faster clip.  If you want to know which XML DTD is new
and which is not, send email or post.

Lewis