[Bioperl-l] proposal Bio::SeqIO::largefasta

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 09:49:18 -0800

Jason Stajich wrote:

> I have written a simple SeqIO adaptor for reading in a large sequence
> in fasta format (ie Jim Kent's golden path representation of a
> chromosome).  This uses Ewan's more memory efficient
> Bio::Seq::LargePrimarySeq implementation for large > 100 MB seqs.
> Assumingly those using this module had their own ways of pushing sequence
> into this object, hopefully this implementation will be useful.
>
> Before I check it in, this okay to commit as part of 0.7?

Sure. I know you'll add a test script for it (code both new and untested
is probably inappropriate for the new release).

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757