[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqIO::game

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:00:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Bradley Marshall wrote:

> How about this as a solution?
>
> We'll add a top level attribute and/or tag describing
> whether or not the document is "chunkable".  Chris
> suggested we have a top level <flavor> element.  This
> can specify whether or not the document is chunkable.
> A chunkable document would have this structure:

;).

I think all useful documents will be chunkable. I'd claim that were just
letting ourselves into trouble if we allow badly compacted XML to be
"valid"

This solution is ok, but I would argue that it is better to be strict
about these things otherwise implementations either will have to throw
exceptions on non chunkable documents or have other poorly defined
criteria....