[Bioperl-l] biocorba.org

Johann Visagie johann@egenetics.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:02:27 +0200

Jason Stajich on 2000-08-24 (Thu) at 14:31:39 -0400:

> What a great BOSC! It was a great chance to meet so many of the Bio*
> developers and users.   I'm sure some more of the ideas from the various
> BOF's will trickle into the bio* mailing lists.
>
> I wanted to announce that biocorba.org is up and the mailing list is ready
> for subscriptions.

Excellent, I'll be there.

I also agree about BOSC - the amount of co-operatoin between the Bio*
projects was astounding!  Which - coupled with the example of Jason's
cross-posting - brings me to the point:

Shouldn't there be a general mailing list (moderated?) to cover issues that
pertain to all the Bio* projects?  ("biostar"? "openbio"?)  This could cover:
- announcements of interest to all, like Jason's
- co-operation / code sharing between projects
- etc.

(Maybe the bioinformatics.org people can be prevailed upon to host it, since
they have such a nice domain? :-)

-- Johann