[Bioperl-l] BOF: microarray (fwd)

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:19:38 +0100 (BST)

This looks like an interesting meeting if people want to go along to it...

Hi All,

For those of you who aren't aware there will be a working group meeting at
ISMB in San Diego August 19th (saturday).  The meeting place will take
place in the executive conference room of the UCSD super computing center.
The room will be equipped with a whiteboard and an overhead projector.
We will meet for basically the full day (8+ hours).  About 25 people are
expected to show up.

If people would like I will arrange lunch.  Either we can have food
delivered or I can make reservations.  Please let me know if you would
like to join us for lunch or dinner so that I may prepare (not that I am
cooking).

If we run out of time I would like members to consider the possibility of
meeting during the actual ISMB conference.

Below is a draft schedule.
Please send me you suggestions for schedule modifications.

 9    am                             opening remarks
 9:15      Alvis Brazma              minimum information
 9:45      Ron Taylor                secretary's report
10:00                                overview of agreed upon xml
10:30                                proposals for portions of the dtds
 1:00 pm                             lunch
 2:30                                contiued discussion of dtd parts
 4:30                                synthesis
 5:30                                end
 7:00                                dinner for interested parties

Alan J. Robinson, D.Phil.             Tel:+44-(0)1223 494444
European Bioinformatics Institute     Fax:+44-(0)1223 494468
EMBL Outstation - Hinxton             Email:  alan@ebi.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge
CB10 1SD, UK                http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~alan/