[Bioperl-l] Fwd: [Biojava-l] new NCBI blast outputs XML

Geer, Lewis (NLM) lewisg@mail.nih.gov
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:28:03 -0400

The standalone blast server (available on the our ftp site) now has XML
output, thanks to Sergei Shavirin.  He said he'll try to add it to blastall
before he leaves for vacation today.  Eventually, XML should be available
from our public BLAST web pages, too.

Please give us feedback on whether this is useful, as XML may find its way
to our other services.  This all started from reading in this email list how
you guys were parsing genbank flatfiles and, even worse, blast html.  I
hacked a prototype XML generator and Jim Ostell made it real.

Lewis
NCBI