[Bioperl-l] FreeBSD port of Bioperl

M. L. Dodson bdodson@scms.utmb.EDU
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:32:34 -0500 (CDT)

Johann Visagie writes:
 > This may be of peripheral interest to some people on the list:
 >
 > I recently submitted a FreeBSD port of Bioperl for inclusion in the FreeBSD
 > ports tree, and this was subsequently committed.
 >
 > This means that a FreeBSD user with an up-to-date ports tree can now install
 > Bioperl as simply as:
 >
 >   cd /usr/ports/biology/p5-bioperl ; make install
 >
 > The current port installs Bioperl 0.6.1 as well as version 0.6 of the
 > compiled extensions.  Fetching of the package as well as installation of all
 > dependencies (LWP, AcePerl, IO-stringy) will be handled automagically.  It
 > also means that Bioperl should go out on the official FreeBSD CDs as of the
 > next release (only scheduled for November, I believe) and will be available
 > for installation by the user from the initial OS installation menus.
 >
 > If there are any FreeBSD users out ther who are in a position to test whether
 > the port works for them, I'd be grateful.
 >
 > -- Johann

[histidine.utmb.edu:root:79] % make
<blah. blah.>
[histidine.utmb.edu:root:80] % make install
<more blah. blah.>
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>   Compressing manual pages for p5-bioperl-0.6.1
===>   Registering installation for p5-bioperl-0.6.1
[histidine.utmb.edu:root:81] % uname -a
FreeBSD histidine.utmb.edu 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #1: Thu Feb 24 12:07:47 CST 2000     bdodson@histidine.utmb.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/HISTIDINE  i386
[histidine.utmb.edu:root:82] %

works.

Bud Dodson
--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790