[Bioperl-l] Re: [Bioperl-guts-l] Bio::Tools::Blast::HSP and _length field

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 02:02:33 +0200

Alex Rolfe wrote:

> The Bio::Tools::Blast::HSP::display method attempts to use the _length
> field to display the identical and conserved percentages.  However, this
> field doesn't seem to exist; I'm getting errors because it's set to zero
> and it doesn't appear to be used anywhere else.  I think that the code
> should be using the length() method or the field that it would get
> (_totalLength?).  Does this seem reasonable, or should the _length field
> be initialized somewhere?

This was a bug. Now fixed on the main trunk.

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                                      email: hlapp@gmx.net
NFI Vienna, IFD/Bioinformatics                   phone: +43 1 86634 631
A-1235 Vienna                                      fax: +43 1 86634 727