[Bioperl-l] Sim4

Chris Mungall cjm@fruitfly.bdgp.berkeley.edu
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Hilmar

Your rewrite of the bioperl sim4 parser looks a lot cleaner. however, I
notice that you still seem to be ignoring the -> <- == -- symbols at the
end of each exon. I would have thought that you would want to start a new
exonset if the direction changed halway through - or record the exon
direction so that some post-parsing filtering could be done? Maybe I'm
misunderstanding your code, or sim4 - I'm sure George will correct me if
I'm speaking rubbish.

I imported the bioperl sim4 parsing code into our own namespace some time
ago to do this - you can see the code at
www.fruitfly.org/cgi-bin/tags/view/BioModel/Sim4/Results.html
[with some horrible project-specific harcoded stuff that needs to go]

George Hartzell wrote an excellent perl sim4 parser (which I would have
used had I known about it - doh!), I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I sent you
the code to compare it.