Bioperl: Possibly Off-topic: BoulderIO fails with CGI.pm

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:49:14 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Lincoln Stein wrote:

> Hi Sara,
>
> Is something missing from the second example?  I don't see a place
> where you create the Boulder stream.
>
> You should address your response directly to me.  Boulder isn't part
> of the bioperl mainstream, even though I wish it were!

We would *love* to see Boulder as part of the bioperl mainstream lincoln!
Please get an account on bioperl and help us integrate into the system
and/or help us switch to XML streams (what you said last time we talked
about boulder/bioperl you said we should focus our effort on XML). We (I
at least) are working on figuring out how to get extendable data dumping
into the bioperl objects in a sensible manner. This should be doable, and
if we get enough people working on it, possible to get into the 0.06
stream. If you can figure out a good way of retrofitting extendable data
dumping onto objects then please let us know.

I look forward to your input!