Bioperl: Reading from a stream into Bio::Seq

Gordon D. Pusch pusch@mcs.anl.gov
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:27:15 -0600

> If this is a general problem, I'd recommend that we work on an XML or
> Boulder-like syntax for serializing Bio::* objects.

As as outcome of the recent Argonne/KEGG Workshop, we have been working
on an XML-compliant metafile format for interchange of genome data.
We hope to be posting a draft on our website within a week, and will
also be submitting it for publication.

> An easy, but Perl-specific, alternative is simply to use the Perl
> Data::Dumper serialization class.

I would be opposed to this hack precisely because it is perl specific,
and therefore restricts portability...

Gordon D. Pusch,               |       Internet: <pusch@mcs.anl.gov>
Ph.D., Consultant              |

Disclaimer:  I'm a consultant collaborating with Argonne researchers;
I don't speak for ANL or the DOE --- and they *certainly* don't speak
for =ME= !!!

Claimer:  I report =ALL= SPAMvertisers to their ISP --- =NO= exceptions !!!