Bioperl: MEDLARSII

Paul Gordon pgordon@cs.dal.ca
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:10:26 -0300 (ADT)

Greeting all,

	     I'm working with MEDLARSII formatted records from National
Library of Medicine.  Those of you who work with Medline might know what
I'm talking about.  I've started to write some Perl code to process the
data format, and I have two questions.  First, has anyone already written
such code? Second, if no one has, would it be useful to add this to the
bioperl code base?  The MEDLARSII records are often cited in sequence
database entries as the publication reference for the sequence.

Kind Regards,
	Paul Gordon
	Institute for Marine Biosciences
	National Research Council of Canada