Bioperl: is there a $hit->db method in Blast module?

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com (Steve A. Chervitz)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 13:36:16 -0800 (PST)

Catherine,

The database for the hit (subject) sequence can be obtained using the
database() method on the hit object:

   $db = $hit->database();

The database identifier can be obtained using the name() method, which
is inherited from Bio::Root::Object.pm.

   $id = $hit->name();

If there are multiple identifiers, as in your example, they will be
supplied as "P52607/FLII_BORBU".

This is not as well-documented as it should be. Apologies for the
confusion. There are a few issues with the handling of identifiers
that will be addressed with the next release.

Steve A. Chervitz
http://genome-www.stanford.edu/perlOOP/bioperl/blast/